Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentine's at BookCliff Vineyards

Why wait until Valentine's Day? Come and visit the tasting room on Saturday the 9th, 2013 and Sunday the 10th, 2013 for wine, chocolate and music.  You have our permission to indulge yourself and enjoy a flight of three wines perfectly paired with three chocolates from Concertos in Chocolates . Listen to live music (jazz piano) on Saturday 2/9/13 from 2:00pm - 5:00pm. 
Date: 2/9/13, 2/10/13
Time: 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Cost: Chocolate and wine pairing flight $8.00
Location: 1501 Lee Hill Road Unit #17, Boulder, CO 80304

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Out with Lucky Twenty and in with Friday's Folly White

The time has come for Lucky Twenty to move over and make room for the Friday's Folly White. We always thought of the Folly and the Lucky to be companions -  a red blend and a white blend. But why not give buddies the same name, so people have an easier time finding them. The Lucky Twenty has been sold out for a while and the new version is in the works. As you know, creating blends is not an easy task and takes a lot of tasting sometimes over 40 versions. There are so many different ways to blend Chardonnay, Riesling, Muscat Blanc and Viognier and sometimes we add a little of Orange Muscat just for fun. Look for the new release soon in your neighborhood liquor store.

Monday, January 14, 2013

The 2011 Ensemble is in the Bottle

For the past three weeks we have blending and tasting and blending some more followed by more tasting to get the 2011 Ensemble just right. The majority of the grapes are Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, to be precise 84 percent. But, it is the remaining 16 percent that made the most work. Malbec, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc and Syrah share the remaining 16 percent. The goal was to make a smooth wine with complex flavors and a long finish. The plan is to squeeze all these names on the front label, rather than calling it a Red Table Wine. We will let it rest in the bottle as we wait for the labels to be printed and approved before we will release the wine. We will give a preview to our guests during the January Local Chefs Dinner.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Urban Winefest

Hey all! The Colorado Urban Winefest is coming to the Auraria Campus in downtown Denver June 8. You bet we'll be there! This is the third annual Winefest and dozens of Colorado wineries will be attending as well.  Top Denver Chefs will be there with delicious food demos, there will also be live entertainment to compliment your wine. This is a celebration of local wine and fare. Enjoy live cooking demonstrations, free samples of wine,  including a free commemorative wine glass, and talented live local artists. You get the luxury of buying artisan wines directly from winemakers. Parking is free!
Hope to see you all June 8 for a great day filled with fun. Purchase your tickets here.

Friday, January 4, 2013

The First Wine Festival of the Year

It is hard to believe, we just made baby steps into the new year and there is already a wine and beer festival around the corner. Only in Colorado where the micro breweries and wineries chomp at the bit from the get-go. This festival is in the beautiful town of Estes Park and comes with a chili cook-off for restaurants and amateurs alike. Enjoy the live music, great food and drink and have a fun time with the family. The event is on the weekend of 1/18/13 - 1/20/13 from 11:00am to 5:00pm both on Saturday and Sunday. BookCliff Vineyards will be there and so will be a slate of other wineries. For tickets and more information click here.